I’m Joy Carlough, a retired educational leader. I was born, raised, and lived most of my life on the East Coast, had a short stay on the West Coast, and have now fulfilled a long-time dream; I live in the Montana Rockies very near Yellowstone National Park. It only took this flatlander a short time to realize:
- I cannot hike more than five to six miles, but wilderness is much closer than you think.
- Wilderness is obvious in Montana, but wild places await discovery in unlikely locals.
- Wild places need to be seen to be loved, and need to be loved to be saved.
- When you slow your walk down and take the time to look around, wilderness awes.
- Life is richer when nature is explored and encountered with wonder.
- Experiencing wilderness through a camera lens allows sharing that experience forever.
All the photos here are my copyrighted originals, from my heart to yours. I hope you enjoy our walks to close-by wild places as they fill your senses with beauty, majesty, and even awe.
WELCOME TO THE WILDERNESS!